Newcastle, Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter NSW
Aged & Disability Support (Community Services & Development)
$35.98 - $41 per hour
Resolute Support is seeking PASSIONATE, MOTIVATED & RELIABLE disability support workers to join our team now!!!
Resolute Support is one of the most successful community service providers in the Hunter. Our 180 employees assist more than 300 people across the region with community supports, transport, recreation, inclusion, personal care, domestic assistance and supported accommodation.
We are a dedicated and passionate team who deliver high quality services that place the client at the centre of our care. Our focus is on continually assisting our clients along their journey to meet and achieve their goals set within their NDIS plan.
As a preferred provider, OUR MISSON makes us stand out from the others by supporting people through Choice, Opportunity, Inclusion & Acceptance in our community while promoting an engaged workplace.
Perks of the Job
Come work with us…you know you want to!
- Flexible hours to suit your lifestyle
- Travel allowance included
- Super & allowances
- Personal gratification by supporting others
- Training and up skilling provided
You will have a kind and caring nature, with an eager willingness to demonstrate support to people living with a disability. In addition to this you will have an easily adaptable personality, a can-do attitude with great interpersonal and communication skills.
Skills and Experience
Experience in Disability is not essential but it is highly encouraged!
- The ability to effectively communicate, think on your feet and build positive relationships with your client, their family members, and carers (where applicable)
- Life experience
- Kind & Caring Nature
- Eager to help make a difference in this sector
- Easily adaptable personality
- Ability to think on your feet
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and resilience skills
Under the direction of the Team Leaders you will be required to:
- Commit to regular and consistent shift schedules
- Support individuals with intellectual, mental health or physical disabilities
- Be creative and resourceful in assisting clients to work towards the goals set in their individual support plan
- If requested in the support plan, assist with meal planning, shopping, meal preparation, budgeting, and money handling skill development. In addition, provide support and assistance with domestic tasks
- Follow ongoing risk assessment procedures and management plans provided by the Team Leader
- Keep accurate and up to date client records using the Resolute Support App based management system
- NDIS Worker check (can be obtained after application)
- WWC check (can be obtained after application)
- First Aid (can be obtained after application)
- NSW drivers licence
- Reliable transport (willing to use for work)
- Comprehensively insured car
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Certificate ll/III/IV in Disability or Individual Support
- Previous experience in a similar role, providing support to people with disabilities
Our Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Resolute Support is committed to a supporting environment that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people as our priority. This policy has been developed to ensure that our organisation is a safe and welcoming place for children and young people, and one where children and young people are equally valued, respected and encouraged to participate. This commitment extends to all children and young people regardless of their abilities, sex, gender, or background.